Hawaii Medicare Health Insurance
Original Medicare offers Part A and Part B to Medicare beneficiaries but leaves you with many gaps in your coverage. There are two options that help cover you where Original Medicare does not. You can choose between a Hawaii Medicare Supplement plan and a Medicare Advantage plan.
Medicare Supplement plans are health insurance plans provided by private health insurance carriers yet are standardized by Medicare. They help cover and pay for Part A and Part B services that Original Medicare does not. Medicare Advantage plans, or Medigap, help cover Part A, Part B, and Part D. Medicare Advantage plans are also sold by private health insurance companies.
Medicare Health Insurance Providers
How do I choose the Hawaii Medicare health plan that's right for me?
As with any purchase, there are many things you need to consider when shopping for a Hawaii Medicare Health Insurance plan. Evaluate the benefits you want and need out of your Hawaii Medicare Health Insurance plan. Some things to think about are:
- Monthly premium
- Annual Deductible
- Prescription drug benefits
- In-network physicians and hospitals
- Hospitalization expenses
- Hospice & In Home Coverage
- Skilled Nursing Coverage
- Preexisting conditions
Medicare Health Insurance Plans
Medicare is classified into four different categories.
- Medicare Part A: Part A covers Hospital Insurance and gives financial assistance for inpatient care. Part A also partially covers skilled nurses, hospice, and home health care under certain conditions.
- Medicare Part B: Part B covers necessary medical services such as outpatient care and doctor services. Some preventative care is also covered to maintain your healthy status and minimize the chances that other illnesses might become more severe.
- Medicare Part C: Part C is a Medicare Advantage Plan. It combines Part A and Part B and in some instances, it also combines Part D. Medicare Part C plans are privately managed by insurance companies approved by Medicare. The plans cover necessary medical services, although, these plans have co-payments, coinsurance, and deductibles that can vary.
- Medicare Part D: Part D provides assistance covering prescription drugs. The coverage will vary depending on the plan, but it may help lower your prescription drug costs and help prevent high costs in the future.