Maryland Medicare Insurance
Medicare is a health insurance program funded by the federal government for individuals 65 or older. All Americans over the age of 65 may enroll in the program. Original Medicare includes 2 parts, Part A and Part B. Part A covers hospitals stays and most seniors automatically are entitled to this coverage if they paid social security while they worked. Part B covers doctor visits, lab tests, X-rays and outpatient services. However, you will find that Medicare is not designed to pay for all medical expenses.
Original Medicare has many gaps and Maryland Medicare Supplemental Insurance can help fill those gaps. Medigap is sold by private insurance companies in Maryland and helps to cover co-insurance, co-pays and deductibles. Seniors may choose to buy a Maryland Medicare Supplement Insurance, or Medigap to help pay for these expenses.
Medicare Health Insurance Providers
How do I choose the Maryland Medicare health plan that's right for me?
When choosing a Maryland Medicare health plan, you have to determine the services you want and need to be included in your health plan. Some examples are:
- Monthly premiums
- Annual deductible
- In and out of network physicians and hospitals
- In Home care
- Prescription drug coverage
- Out of pocket costs
Medicare Health Insurance Plans
Medicare is classified into four different categories.
- Medicare Part A: Part A covers Hospital Insurance and gives financial assistance for inpatient care. Part A also partially covers skilled nurses, hospice, and home health care under certain conditions.
- Medicare Part B: Part B covers necessary medical services such as outpatient care and doctor services. Some preventative care is also covered to maintain your healthy status and minimize the chances that other illnesses might become more severe.
- Medicare Part C: Part C is a Medicare Advantage Plan. It combines Part A and Part B and in some instances, it also combines Part D. Medicare Part C plans are privately managed by insurance companies approved by Medicare. The plans cover necessary medical services, although, these plans have co-payments, coinsurance, and deductibles that can vary.
- Medicare Part D: Part D provides assistance covering prescription drugs. The coverage will vary depending on the plan, but it may help lower your prescription drug costs and help prevent high costs in the future.
Where can I read about Maryland Medicare?