Missouri Medicare Insurance
Original Medicare, which consists of Part A (Hospital Insurance) and Part B (Medical Insurance), is a health insurance program for individuals 65 or older that is funded by the federal government. It provides valuable coverage for your health care needs, but it may leave uninsured areas that Missouri Medicare beneficiaries may need to address.
Medicare Supplement plans, or Medigap, are health insurance plans that were designed to help fill those uninsured areas that Original Medicare does not cover. Medicare Supplement plans are sold by private insurance companies in Missouri and helps cover co-pays, deductibles, and co-insurance. Eligible Missouri residents have many options when evaluating the 14 standard Medicare Supplement plans.
Medicare Health Insurance Providers
How do I choose the Missouri Medicare health plan that's right for me?
There are some things to consider when choosing a Missouri Medicare Health Insurance plan.
- Annual deductible
- Monthly premium
- Skilled Nursing Coinsurance
- Prescription drug coverage
- Foreign Travel Emergency
- At Home Recovery
- Out of pocket costs
Medicare Health Insurance Plans
Medicare is classified into four different categories.
- Medicare Part A: Part A covers Hospital Insurance and gives financial assistance for inpatient care. Part A also partially covers skilled nurses, hospice, and home health care under certain conditions.
- Medicare Part B: Part B covers necessary medical services such as outpatient care and doctor services. Some preventative care is also covered to maintain your healthy status and minimize the chances that other illnesses might become more severe.
- Medicare Part C: Part C is a Medicare Advantage Plan. It combines Part A and Part B and in some instances, it also combines Part D. Medicare Part C plans are privately managed by insurance companies approved by Medicare. The plans cover necessary medical services, although, these plans have co-payments, coinsurance, and deductibles that can vary.
- Medicare Part D: Part D provides assistance covering prescription drugs. The coverage will vary depending on the plan, but it may help lower your prescription drug costs and help prevent high costs in the future.
Where can I read about Missouri Medicare?