Since 1939, BlueCross BlueShield of Michigan has stood by its mission. Its mission is commitment to Michigan residents with a purpose to provide people with the security of knowing they have health care when they need it. To accomplish their mission, they:
- Offer access to health care coverage for everyone, regardless of circumstances
- Never drop your coverage for health reasons
- Partner with the state to cover more than 32,000 children through MIChild
- Provide financial support to 30 free clinics statewide
- Contribute more money than any other company to provide Michigan with better health and health care
- Advocate and educate through Alliance for Advancing Nonprofit Health Care
Their vision is to build lasting loyalty through exemplary service and cost-effective, innovative products. Their keys to success are a skilled work force, strong business relationships with providers and responsive systems.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan health plans
- Individual Care Blue - tailored to fit all stages of your life. Individual Care Blue offers prescription drug coverage, preventive care and office visits, with affordable copays and no deductible. Starting as low as $138.54 a month and no deductible, you pay 30% copay unless otherwise noted.
- Flexible Blue - a medical plan combined with a health savings account. Flexible Blue plans offer tax free investment savings, preventive care and office visits, year to year rollover of any money in the account, prescription drug benefits, and optional maternity and dental benefits. Deductibles range from $1,500 to $2,500 for individuals, and $3,000 to $5,000 for family.
- Value Blue - a plan especially for those who are self-employed or starting a family, Value Blue offers basic health care with low monthly premiums, affordable copays, and prescription drug discounts.
- Young Adult Blue - provides coverage to those who may no longer be eligible to be covered by their parents' insurance. It is offered to individuals 18 to 30 years old and premiums start as low as $48 a month. Discounts are also available for prescription drugs.