Original Medicare is a federally funded health insurance plan for individuals 65 or older. It includes two parts, Part A (Hospital Insurance) and Part B (Medical Insurance). Original Medicare, however, does not cover all your medical expenses. The expenses that are not covered by Medicare can be covered by an Ohio Medicare Supplemental plan, or Medigap.
Ohio Medicare Supplemental plans are provided by private health insurance carriers in Ohio. They help to cover expenses such as coinsurance, copayments, and deductibles that Original Medicare does not cover.
Medicare Health Insurance Providers
How do I choose the Ohio Medicare health plan that's right for me?
Some options to explore when determining the Ohio Medicare Supplemental Plan that is right for you include:
- Monthly premium
- Annual Deductible
- Skilled Nursing Coverage
- Foreign Travel Emergency
- At Home Recovery
- Prescription Drug Coverage
Medicare Health Insurance Plans
Medicare is classified into four different categories.
- Medicare Part A: Part A covers Hospital Insurance and gives financial assistance for inpatient care. Part A also partially covers skilled nurses, hospice, and home health care under certain conditions.
- Medicare Part B: Part B covers necessary medical services such as outpatient care and doctor services. Some preventative care is also covered to maintain your healthy status and minimize the chances that other illnesses might become more severe.
- Medicare Part C: Part C is a Medicare Advantage Plan. It combines Part A and Part B and in some instances, it also combines Part D. Medicare Part C plans are privately managed by insurance companies approved by Medicare. The plans cover necessary medical services, although, these plans have co-payments, coinsurance, and deductibles that can vary.
- Medicare Part D: Part D provides assistance covering prescription drugs. The coverage will vary depending on the plan, but it may help lower your prescription drug costs and help prevent high costs in the future.
Where can I read about Ohio Medicare?